If you haven’t seen the playground this month you’ll be surprised at the changes since your last visit. Following the ‘Big Build Days’ of the main structure we’ve added the tetherball court, buried a new 20′ tunnel through the ‘dirt mountain’, placed the monster tires, almost have the new swing set completed and have reshaped the border around the basketball court.
Here are some of the changes:
If you’ve got some time to help, here’s what we hope to complete before snow falls:
- clean up & spread the last load of pea gravel in the swing set area
- hang the swings
- clean up the debris & spilled gravel around the tetherball area
- have an electrician mount exterior light for the basketball court
- rebuild the spiral slide with the 2nd set of instructions
- install wind-protection clips on the structure’s roof
- build timber boardwalk into the forested area
- finish cutting/brushing at the bottom of the sledding hill
- find or build a sign/bulletin board for the playground
- help Brandon with his Eagle Scout Project (natural playscape)
Some of these tasks are self-explanatory, but feel free to call the Tomeo’s for more details and supplies.
We’ve come a long way. Only a little more to go.
Below is a gallery of photos showing our progress over the past two summers. If you happen to have any good photos to add to this gallery please let us know. Dulce is helping us organize these photos & some video into a nice dvd presentation.
|Playground Photo Gallery|